This course is a scientific observation of children using techniques developed by Maria Montessori. Through discussion and practice, students gain a deeper understanding of the Montessori approach and how it is applied in the Children’s House. The course can be taken online or face-to-face at our training centre in London.
Overview of the Course 课程概览
- Sessions will use data collected from direct classroom observations, which will be interpreted and analysed for use in responding to the child’s developmental needs
- Students will apply the information gained from this scientific data when working with children and observe the outcomes
- Observations will be used as a basis to explore Montessori theory and reflect on how it may be put into practice
- Observations must take place in Children’s Houses led by an AMI Diploma holder
Course Format 课程形式
-Group B: Wednesdays, 11:30am – 13:30pm (UTC+1) every 2 weeks during UK term time – 30th September 2020 – 9th June 2021
(Students will be expected to read or view specific resources and reflect on questions in preparation for the online session.)
. Students may be required to attend online discussions between sessions led by course assistant
. The dates will take into account Chinese holidays and some UK holidays
Entry Requirements 报名要求
- AMI Montessori Diploma 3-6
- Working in a Children’s House run by a teacher with an AMI Diploma for the duration of the course
- Minimum of one-year experience working in a Children’s House
- Basic English skills for daily communication
Award of MMI Observation Course Certificate 授予MMI观察课程证书
The certificate is awarded to students who have satisfied the course requirements:
- Final submission of 2 case studies to the required standard
- Satisfaction of the 90% attendance requirement
Tuition fee paid in one instalment: £1,500; due in 10 working days from the invoice date
Applying for the Course 课程申请
Please complete the application form online. On completion of the online form, you will need to email the following documents to support your application:
- A personal statement
- Copy of your AMI Montessori Diploma 3-6, scanned and saved as a .pdf file.
For online course ONLY
- Application closing date is 31st July. All applications will be reviewed after the closing date.
- If you are selected for the course, you may be invited for a Skype interview. We will contact you to arrange the interview.
- Spaces are limited and we cannot guarantee everyone a place.
Personal Statement 个人陈述
Please complete the personal statement by answering the following questions.
- How many years of experience do you have working with children? Describe the kind of environments in which you have worked. What is your motivation for doing the course at this stage in your career?
- Give details of the class in which you are currently working: Name of school and location, number of
classes and age levels of the classes, number of AMI Montessori trained teachers in your class, number of Montessori trained assistants in your class, and number of non-Montessori trained staff in your class.
- Give details about your role in the class. Please include your role in interacting with the children and planning for their development.
- Give details of the number of children in your class at each age: 2.5 to 4 years old, 4 to 5 years old and 5 to 6 years old.
MMI Homepage AMI伦敦培训中心官网
Application Link 课程申请链接