MMI Post Diploma Observation Course
This course is a scientific observation of children using techniques developed by Maria Montessori. Through discussion and practice, students gain a deeper understanding of the Montessori approach and how it is applied in the Children’s House.
Overview of the Course
• Sessions will use data collected from direct classroom observations, which will be interpreted and analysed for use in responding to the child’s developmental needs
• Students will apply the information gained from this scientific data when working with children and observe the outcomes
• Observations will be used as a basis to explore Montessori theory and reflect on how it may be put into practice
• Observations must take place in Children’s Houses led by an AMI Diploma holder
If you are AMI 3-6 trained and want to participant this online observation course, please filling out the personal statement below and sending it to:firstname.lastname@example.org
(More details are available on the MMI website,
Post Diploma Observation Course Application
Please complete the personal statement by answering the following questions.
1. How many years of experience do you have working with children? Describe the kind of environments in which you have worked. What is your motivation for doing the course at this stage in your career?
2. Give details of the class in which you are currently working: Name of school and location, number of classes and age levels of the classes, number of AMI Montessori trained teachers in your class, number of Montessori trained assistants in your class, and number of non-Montessori trained staff in your class.
3. Give details about your role in the class. Please include your role in interacting with the children and planning for their development.
4. Give details of the number of children in your class at each age: 2.5 to 4 years old, 4 to 5 years old and 5 to 6 years old.